Creative Full-stack Developer
At VanBerlo, digital is becoming an important part of almost every project. Whether it’s an app paired with an consumer product, a SaaS application around a client service or finding insights in big data, our digital team is up for it. That’s why we are looking for a full-stack developer for our The Hague office. Someone who looks at the complete picture and can contribute on all levels. Sounds good? Then read on!
What you actually do
You’ll be joining a growing digital team across two studios. Whereas product designers and engineers are responsible for the look and feel of a physical product, you are responsible for delivering amazing experiences on everything digital! Think of B2B SaaS, B2C web apps or hybrid apps, but also embedded software.
Simply put, as full-stack developer, you’ll develop exciting new products for a wide variety of client challenges. And when we say wide, we’re not lying. We have clients in the maritime and agricultural industry, an amusement park, kitchen appliances, EV mobility/charging, medical equipment and so much more.
All developers of VanBerlo operate in small but agile project teams and are involved right from the concept phase! This means you co-create closely with e.g. UI/UX designers but also run field tests and have direct contact with the client. And because you work with the frontend, backend, and everything in between, you can leave your mark across the board. This gives you a lot of creative freedom, in return we expect you to take ownership of your work.
At VanBerlo you will work alongside many other disciplines (e.g. product design, strategy, mechanical engineering), however your direct peers will often be the developers from the digital team consisting out of front-end, back-end and embedded developers and data scientists.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with 3+ years of industry experience who has great affinity with modern technology in general. Someone who likes to try out new libraries, experiment with new gadgets, get exotic hardware to run and playing with new programming languages. Someone who is always looking for the next right tool for the job, but at the same time can be pragmatic when needed.
But honestly, a mutual feeling of the right match is important to us above all. We’re looking for that needle in a haystack. But to give you an indication, this profile should more or less suit you:
- You have a relevant Engineering degree like Computer Science or Industrial Design
- You know your way around React, Angular or Vue
- You are comfortable using Python or Node.js for basic back-end services
- You love CI/CD and setting up deployment and test pipelines for your code.
- Organizing state-management is easy for you. Experience with MobX is a plus
- You are comfortable using or creating APIs with REST or GraphQL
- Using containerization is a no-brainer and you’ve used Docker plenty
- Your head is in the Cloud(s). Kidding aside, you know your way around cloud infrastructure. We work with AWS, so experience with that would be a plus.
- Experience with Hybrid app development (React Native / Flutter) is a big plus
- Experience with/Interest in embedded software and electronics is a plus
- Your code is logical, clean, reusable and well-documented
- You can work highly independent and are a responsible person
We’ve got lots to offer
- Challenging projects at the forefront of innovation.
- The opportunity to work for a wide range of international clients.
- 90+ enthusiastic colleagues from 12+ disciplines: this is how you get inspired!
- Attractive and flexible employment conditions.
- Beautiful offices in renovated industrial buildings.
- A powerful laptop, of course.
Who we are
VanBerlo, is one of Europe’s leading agencies in strategy, design and implementation. We work with clients to turn ideas into tangible business results. Our innovative products, communications and branding have created the difference for our customers for 35 years. It is important to know that VanBerlo is now part of Accenture. VanBerlo will be your home, but you will also be an official member of the global Accenture community and have access to all related benefits! For more information, visit www.vanberloagency.com or www.accenture.com.
Ready. Set. Go 🚀
Enough boxes ticked? Hit that ‘Apply Now’ button below and send us your motivation and portfolio by filling out the form. We accept applications written in Dutch and English. FYI, this is the application process in a nutshell:
- HR and the digital team will review your application
- If we think there could be a fit, we will invite you for a 1st meeting via Microsoft Teams.
- When both parties are excited, we schedule a 2nd meeting so more colleagues can meet you and remaining questions can be answered.
- We make a final decision and you’ll have a quick meeting with our managing director, Thomas.
- Welcome to VanBerlo!
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.werkenbijaccenture.nl.